On the afternoon of November 4th, 2017, Can Tho city held the launching ceremony of Japan Desk in Can Tho. It is the event in the framework of the 59th Asia Business Conference on Vietnam – Japan trade promotion, held by the People’s Committee of Can Tho city, Can Tho Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI Can Tho), and Brainworks Group (Japan). There are about over 100 Vietnam enterprises and about 50 Japan companies participated in the conference.
The function of the Japanese Desk is to improve the investment and business environment, to enhance the competitive capacity of attracting investment from Japan into Can Tho city;to link between Japanese investors and the government of Can Tho city to provide information, support activities, solve difficulties and problems of Japanese investors in Can Tho city.
The mission of Japan Desk is to provide information, documents for Japanese businesses and investors to explore the investment environment in Can Tho city;connect to the Japan Desk of other provinces, cities, other associations, organizations worked in the field of investment and trade promotion of Japan;connected with the one-stop shop of departments, industrial zones in supporting and guiding Japanese investors to carry out the investment procedures and related services.
The Japan Desk in Can Tho is composed of 14 people, led by Mr. Truong Quang Hoai Nam – Vice chairman of Can Tho People’s Committee; the remaining members are leaders of some relative departments of the city.Specialty, the Japan Desk has an attendance of Mr. Kyoshiro Ichikawa, a senior Japanese expert working in the field of investment promotion, as the Vice Leader of the Japan Desk in Can Tho city.
The Japan Desk will locate at the Can Tho Promotion Agency (CPA).
* Also at this conference, Mr. Nguyen Khanh Tung, Director of Can Tho PromotionAgency, informed that Japan is the second largest investment country in Vietnam with 22,509 project, has a total investment capital of 293 billion US dollar, of which the Mekong Delta has 170 projects with total investment capital of 2.5 billion US dollar.Can Tho has six projects with a modest capital of over $12 million.At the same time, Mr. Nguyen Khanh Tung also introduced four projects attracting investment in Japan including
- Can Tho Agricultural High-Tech Application Zone in Thoi Hung commune, Co Do district (with an area of over 244 ha);
- Project on building infrastructure for industrial zone for Japanese enterprises (call for small and medium enterprises) in Phuoc Thoi Ward, O Mon district (with an area of 256 hectares);
- The project of Concentrated Information Technology Park (The IT Park) in Hung Thanh Ward, Cai Rang district (with an area of over 72 ha);
- The project of Logistic Center class II in Can Tho at Cai Cui port (with an area of 242.2 ha).